Whether we like to admit it or not, we’re all getting older. And the older we get, the more ingrained our various bad habits and unhelpful behaviors become. Recognizing a habit that needs to change is one thing, but finding a way to get your stubborn mind to allow you to make that change is a completely separate challenge.
Michael Gelb has made a successful career out of applying genius thinking to personal development and growth, and he has a simple way of thinking about the methods of human change: “Either it’s universal wisdom, or it’s baloney.”
Watch the clip below to hear him talk about the most effective—and surprisingly simple—methods of change and how you’re never too old to break a bad habit.
Michael Gelb is the founder and president of The High Performance Learning Center
and the author of 14 books on creativity and innovation including the international best seller How to Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci: Seven Steps to Genius Every Day
. This clip is taken from his session in our brain science video course:
Brain Science Matters
This series is designed to enhance your clinical skills, speed up healing, and transform your clients’ lives by translating complex concepts like neuroplasticity and brain integration into real world therapeutic procedures. It covers:
- The “how-to’s” of using brain-based therapies for moving clients through trauma, anxiety, and depression more fully and quickly than ever
- Steps for assessing clients' brain integration, setting therapeutic goals, and conducting sessions based on brain science insights
- Clinical strategies that harness the brain’s ability to rewire itself
- Principles for identifying a client’s “sweet spot” for effective learning, retention, and lasting change
- Gender-based brain differences and which approaches work best with men and women
Want More Free Stuff?
You can view more free videos here
. Or check out our free articles on brain science
Do you learn by listening?
Check out our audio courses on Brain Science & Psychotherapy
, and Mindfulness
Do you learn by watching?
Check out our current online video courses here
Did you know that when you sign up
to be a member of the Networker community you get free stuff every month?
neurobiology of aging